A wooden cabinet with three drawers containing the forms of the leaves:
– Two drawers have six insets each.
– The third drawer has two insets and four wooden squares.
– The frames are varnished and the insets are painted green.
– Each inset is fitted with a knob.
– The bottom of each drawer is the same colour as the insets.
Visual discrimination of forms.
Preparation for botany
provides children with an introduction to the world of botany. It is also one of the first Montessori materials children work with that allows them to explore the world through a scientific lens.